AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously thinking about purchasing one of these screens and wanted to know if anyone else had purchased one. If so, does it eliminate the glare? Where did you buy it? I have a lot of windows and a lot of glare.

Thanks

Ron in KC

·
Registered
101 Posts
I purchased the Mighty Shield several months ago through my local Circuit City and it does indeed eliminate virtually all the glare. I had a problem with lots of windows also. While it was being installed, I noticed it was a sheet of that special acrylite that everybody was buzzing about. If you can find a place that sells the sheet, do it yourself for a lot less. I wish I had known......

·
Registered
21 Posts
DadRad99 - what brand/model did you have this installed on? I am wondering if this would also work on a GWII, if so then the Sony is back on my short list. Also, did you notice a difference in PQ after the sheild was installed?

·
Registered
231 Posts
DadRad99-

Do you know of any more info on this 'special acrylite' people are using for the antiglare screen? I might be interested in installing one on my tosh 50H82.

Does anyone know if the acrylite or mighty shield anti glare screen affects the viewing angle at all?

thanks,

-j

·
Registered
101 Posts
I installed the Mighty Shield on my Pioneer 532HD5. It seemed pretty simple once he got the front brackets off. It just slid right in the groove. I don't think it would work on the GWII because the screen seems to be mounted right on the front. Could be wrong though. The PQ didn't seem to be affected at all but the viewing angle was affected at the most extreme angle. But to not have to look at my kitchen and windows in my TV was well worth it. I now can watch TV during the daytime!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I installed the Mighty Shield on my Pioneer 532HD5. It seemed pretty simple once he got the front brackets off. It just slid right in the groove. I don't think it would work on the GWII because the screen seems to be mounted right on the front. Could be wrong though. The PQ didn't seem to be affected at all but the viewing angle was affected at the most extreme angle. But to not have to look at my kitchen and windows in my TV was well worth it. I now can watch TV during the daytime! I believe the plastic was acrylite FP.

·
Registered
621 Posts
DadRad99, when they installed the Mighty Shield, do you remember if they pulled out the outer screen and replaced it with the Mighty Shield??? Or did they just stack the Mighty Shield on top of the other???? Thx... Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all who replied, I went ahead and bought (Circuit City - $229) the Mighty Shield yesterday and should have it installed in about a week. I'll let you know how I like it. Hopefully it will reduce the glare so I can watch TV before 8:00 pm.

The tornadoes just missed our house Sunday by about 1/2 mile. It sure is a mess up here.

Ron in KC

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a Toshiba 50H81 and live off of a golf course and get quite a bit of glare from my windows. From what I am reading this seems to be a good product. As for the limiting the viewing range can someone tell me roughly the angle it gets bad at? Also do they take out the glass protector in the tv and replace it with this shield?

Thanks for the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.