AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a ATI 9600 PRO with MP-1 mod from Wahoo computers . It had no BNC's attached. I got the card and tried it out as it was and it worked ok using the VGA port connected to a computer monitor. Next I soldered the RED GREEN & BLUE BNC cable on to some BNC Sockets. I used the photos on wisdom technologies web site as reference. I noticed that my mp-1 mod looks different from the one on mikes site ?? More cables connected to the graphics card etc. I then connected a VGA to BNC breakout cable to the VGA socket on the graphics card and used my meter to find out where the H and V pin outs were on the Graphics card.

So I had all the BNC's soldered on and connected it all up the my pc and marquee 8000 projector. The picture looked very bad with obvious inference and ghosting etc. I reconnected my old VGA to BNC cable to the projector and this worked fine no interference. I used 75 ohm cable maybe I need to use double screened cable ???

I un soldered all the BNC's and plugged the cared back into my pc now the card will not work at all !!! On close inspection of the card I have noticed that one of the legs of the MP-1 card is not connected to anything !! It is to short to connect to the graphics card ??? see photo.

Is the graphics card dead ??? have I zapped it with static ??? is the MP-1 stopping the card from working ???

See photos I have used a red mark where I soldered the BNC's to

·
Registered
514 Posts
Have you tried contacting Mike Parker?

Henrik

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.