AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know if anyone here has enjoyed playing this title as much as I did?

I remember playing this game for years back in the early 90's...simply the best turn based, hexagonal military stratagy games out there. Built in tuorial and simple to use interface make this a MUST have, IMHO.

It has a great 2-player mode as well. Beware though, this game is highly addictive and although simple to play, hard to master.

The only thing I would have added was an online 2 player mode.

When I heard (way back when...during the rumor days...) that the Wii was going to have DL capabilities, and that some old Turbographx games would be available, this was the first game to spring to mind. I envy those of you who have had the opportunity to play this game for the first time. If you like the gendre...its a NO-BRAINER.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
I was a big fan of it back in the TG-16 days, but I'm not downloading any games yet (other than Mario 64) due to the pricing. Wasn't there a SuperCD Sequel to the game in Japan? It's been a long time, but I thought either I or a friend of mine had it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes....there was a sequal Japanesse disc for the turboCD, as well as the Playstation "Nectaris" I believe. I had both...some great additional features (such as the map editor!), but I really didnt like the bug/spider type creatures introduced.

I still think the original is one of the most replayable games of all time. Always thought of it as a cross between Risk and chess.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had never played it until now...though I had just about every other TG16 game back in the day...

Its basically the same game as Advanced wars for the GBA...after playing the original game, Im pretty sure they were ripped off lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.