AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if various Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000HD users see anything similar to this? The May/June issue of "The Perfect Vision" has a 5-page review of the SA2000HD cable converter and Pioneer's SH-D505 HD tuner. He contrasts the "clarity and transparency" differences between images from the two devices, saying the 2000HD video is "a little milky, as if a slightly translucent piece of milk glass were overlaid on the picture." He concludes the Pioneer produces much better video "even if one turns the Pioneer 'down' to 1080i."

But it reads to me as though his local station(s), and cable system, don't provide 1080i, only 720p or 480p, so it seems the milky overlay he's seeing with the SA2000HD is the result of conversion of 720p to 1080i.

Time Warner Cable has been beta-testing 2000HDs here in NYC, but after 10 months of calling and being put on numerous 'lists', I haven't been able to get one. (I view CBS and HBO HD as 8-VSB via T-W cable and my set's HD tuner.) Reads like a 2000HD would be bad news for watching ABC or Fox HD or SDTV.-- John

------------------

STOP DVI/HDCP AND DFAST

[This message has been edited by John Mason (edited 04-30-2001).]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.