AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have been giving the Paradigm Millenia0ne Speaker System a lot of serious consideration in my speaker upgrade. I love the speakers the way they look and have heard a lot of good things about them. The only real problem I have is with them is the subwoofer they have matched up with them MilleniaSub which lists at $1499 more than Paradigm Millenia0ne Speaker System itself($1350.00) I hope I am not the only one who finds this odd, but I'm hoping that a cheaper subwoofer in the paradigm family(possibly a DSP line) or something in the $600 - $700 that will match up just as well with it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
From what i've heard, The paradigm SE Subwoofer is a very good mix. I think even paradigm themselves said that it was a good alternative for the milleniaones. Can't remember where I heard it but. I think however you would just need a sub that can go well in the upper bass range to cover the area where the milleniaone starts to drop off.

Im also thinking of the milleniaones with SE sub as its on special at my local HiFi place. But I'm still debating whether the money would be worth it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
There are lots of sub options for those speakers. (The Paradigms look really nice by the way.) You don't need to spend $1,500 on the Paradigm sub--that's crazy.

One nice alternative would be the Emotiva Ultra Sub 12. It's on sale right now for $429. It's a sealed sub that will blend nicely with the satellites and it won't break the bank.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
yes forget about the MilleniaSub, it's way overpriced unless you need a sub of that shape.

I'd go for a high quality small sub like a SVS SB12NSD which will match perfectly with the MilleniaOne (gloss black, and plays linearly up to 100-120Hz where the Millenia should be crossed over)

The SE sub will work fine if you are getting a deal on the Paradigms

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
From paradigm I would recommend either the ultracube 10 or the SE (this one would match better in the looks departments) both of which can go as high as 120 Hz.

The Hsu STF/Outlaw 10 inch or new SVS sub woul be OK as well though I am not to sure about the frequency response up top.

The Focal Dome sub is also an alternative for smaller spaces and plays higher in frequency (~140 Hz) so as to integrate the mid bass a bit better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts