AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine just recently gave me these to do what I will with and I'm trying to gather some info on them. Things like cost and where to sell. I'm no audiophile so I have no idea. It's five speakers including the sub. They're a little dinged up but everything works, as far as I know. Obviously I'll need to test them. Anyways any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seeing as I can't find a way to edit my own post, I'll add here. To get more specific there are 2 SS-150THX Tripole Surrounds, 3 S-150THX Front Satellites, and 1 MX-150THX Subwoofer.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have that same set with an MX-350 sub instead of the 150. At the time each of the three front speakers retailed for $900, the rears were $700 each, and the sub was $1,500 or so (so $6k or so for the whole set). The prices on M&K equipment have increased since that time so you could likely get some good money on eBay for the equipment. If I were you I'd also consider keeping them for your own use if you're into home theater. How are the drivers - anything broken?

·
Registered
550 Posts
One more thing - these are high end speakers so the quality of the components used is fairly high. Thus, while the speakers are likely 15 years old or so they should still last for years given the quality of construction.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more thing - these are high end speakers so the quality of the components used is fairly high. Thus, while the speakers are likely 15 years old or so they should still last for years given the quality of construction.
Thanks for the help. I did a little research around the net and ebay. It looks like 2k-2.5k for the set? I was able to test today and they all seem to be in perfect working order. The only negatives are the boxes on a few are a little beat up (dings, scratches).

·
Registered
916 Posts
Have you decided to sell this set? They're amazing speakers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts