AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have certain space in my house that could be turned into a mini home theatre. Dimensions are roughly...height 2,4 m, width 3m, length 4m.
Since I have no clue about HT builds here I have few questions for knowledgable folk.

What kinda screen size can i put here?
Where should i position my seats (for 3-4 people max, in one row)
What kind of surround might I be able to put in this room (5.1, 7.1, more?)? In wall speakers are not an option, and ceiling speakers are "maybe"

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I have certain space in my house that could be turned into a mini home theatre. Dimensions are roughly...height 2,4 m, width 3m, length 4m.
Since I have no clue about HT builds here I have few questions for knowledgable folk.

What kinda screen size can i put here?
Where should i position my seats (for 3-4 people max, in one row)
What kind of surround might I be able to put in this room (5.1, 7.1, more?)? In wall speakers are not an option, and ceiling speakers are "maybe"

Thank you.
Fitting 4 seats in 3M is going to be a tight squeeze. Depending on what front speakers you choose, the 3M width could limit your screen size to 120" or smaller.

You haven't said what projector you are planning to use, or even if you are planning projector or TV. Assuming it is projector and you haven't already chosen one, I think I would look at the Benq W1080ST which is the short-throw lens version of the W1070. Then I would put the screen on the longer wall and go with a 150" screen with tower front speakers to either side and a center below. Eyes 2.5M from a 150" screen will be a bit oversize for 16:9 content, but when watching cinemascope movies it should be perfect.

This would leave more comfortable space for a single row of four seats and easy wall attachment for surround speakers -- 5.1 only since you will have no space behind the seats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts