AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started watching "The District" in HDTV on this unit. For its tiny size, it's amazingly quiet and bright. So far, I'm pretty impressed. I'll follow up with more details if there's any interest.

------------------

Steve

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm too interested how it perform especially with

its DVI input.

[This message has been edited by Gavrilych (edited 05-28-2001).]

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi,

I have some questions too:

1)

Is the LP130 ceiling mountable? The former LP335 lacks it.

2)

Is the integrated scaler the same as used in LP335-350?

3)

What about contrast and blacks. As far as I know, the former LP335 was better than the LP350.

Thanks, Walter

------------------

Graz, home town of the Terminator...

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update and answers;

All the following observations are based on a total of about 2 hrs use.

I have no way of knowing for sure whether it has noise cancallation, but I severely doubt it. It does not have audio at all.

I have no DVI source.

No obvious way to ceiling mount it. In fact, I didn't see ceiling as an option in the menu (only rear).

I didn't see it next to the Sony, but I did see it next to the 350, and I've seen the 350 next to the Sony. In terms of black level, no contest. I think the Sony may be brighter for 16:9 or DVD, but the 130 more than makes up for it in contrast ratio. Colors are different, but not necessarilly worse for the InFocus PJs. Artifacts seen using VE appeared similar for the 350 and 130, but I have no way of knowing if they use the same processor. In either case, it was pretty good.

My one complaint is the sharpness on the 130. Using the VE sharpness test pattern, the 130 obviously was set too high. I couldn't find anything in the menu to lower it (unlike the 350, which has a sharpness control). On some scenes, the high contrast seemed to provide more punch, but mostly, I was wishing I could turn it down.

That's all the info I have. I don't know when, or if, I'll get another chance to play with it.

------------------

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.