AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just gone done watching it, started off not so good but it got better then expected. pretty good movie for a dance movie and i hate dance movies lol.

picture wise i would say its a solid tier one movie right above rocky balboa

sound well their's pcm and truehd available, i used the pcm track and the sound is incredible!

1-5 rating's

movie itself 3.5

picture quality 4.0

sound quality 5.0

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres some pix

it is avc video encode

·
Registered
325 Posts
got this through Blockbuster Online today and man there really is a reason why its in the Top 100 worst movies of all time on IMDB.

·
Registered
330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha24 /forum/post/0

got this through Blockbuster Online today and man there really is a reason why its in the Top 100 worst movies of all time on IMDB.

I hear ya on that one. This one and ATL were horrible IMHO. I guess I just don't get the whole urban dancing movie genre thing, but this movie is painfully cookie-cutter. I keep thinking of how much better that South Park "you got served" episode was than any of these movies. AQ and SQ were very good, however, so there is a reason to rent if you have 2 hours of your life to waste.

·
Registered
325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjr1 /forum/post/0

I hear ya on that one. This one and ATL were horrible IMHO. I guess I just don't get the whole urban dancing movie genre thing, but this movie is painfully cookie-cutter. I keep thinking of how much better that South Park "you got served" episode was than any of these movies. AQ and SQ were very good, however, so there is a reason to rent if you have 2 hours of your life to waste.

Man compared to Stomp The Yard, ATL looks like Citizen Kane in quality.

The script and direction was just utterly horrible.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The first part of the movie isn't so good, and I especially hated the stop-action /jittery way of filming that I found distracting. But, once the hero enters the school, the movie gets much better. For those of you who don't like urban hip-hop dance, you might find it silly, but the PQ and sound was excellent!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Although it seems way too soon to remake You Got Served, overall I still enjoyed watching this movie. What was distracting though was the use of handheld camera by someone with Parkinson's, constant bouncing in what should be static dialog scenes. I also didn't understand what the deal was with the main character's dance moves, the announcer would say something like "Oh, my, he's doing the stabbing move, oh, my!" while the other guy would be doing acrobatic spins and breakdancing without the accolades.

·
Registered
353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryD /forum/post/0

Although it seems way too soon to remake You Got Served, overall I still enjoyed watching this movie. What was distracting though was the use of handheld camera by someone with Parkinson's, constant bouncing in what should be static dialog scenes. I also didn't understand what the deal was with the main character's dance moves, the announcer would say something like "Oh, my, he's doing the stabbing move, oh, my!" while the other guy would be doing acrobatic spins and breakdancing without the accolades.

But, did you notice the first hour of the film was handheld, while the second part wasn't? I wonder if the director filmed that on purpose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts