AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Received my MiniDSP today and now I need to buy a powersupply for it. I see it takes 5-24V DC for power. Is there any benefit to going with more than 5V? I got the RevB version for the additional 1/10th of a volt output (can't hurt) so I know the output is capped at 2.0v...or is it? Would there be a benefit to powering the miniDSP with 9v or 12v?

If there's no need for more than 5.0 volts, I'll just go buy a cell phone charger with the appropriate connector and be done with it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Received my MiniDSP today and now I need to buy a powersupply for it. I see it takes 5-24V DC for power. Is there any benefit to going with more than 5V? I got the RevB version for the additional 1/10th of a volt output (can't hurt) so I know the output is capped at 2.0v...or is it? Would there be a benefit to powering the miniDSP with 9v or 12v?

If there's no need for more than 5.0 volts, I'll just go buy a cell phone charger with the appropriate connector and be done with it.

Thanks.
Unbalanced is capped at .9 and balance is 2.0 output

If you got the rev 2 that means your a unbalanced mini. So your cap at .9v output. You have a jumper inside the box to switch the INPUT voltage to .9 or 2.0v

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just used the usb cord to my xbox 1 for my unbalanced minidsp.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just used the usb cord to my xbox 1 for my unbalanced minidsp.
That gives me an idea. I am planning on building a 2nd HTPC for the HT. I'm sure (fairly sure, anyway) that the motherboard will have an "always on" USB port...most modern motherboards do. I could easily use that to power the miniDSP. Winner!

·
Registered
141 Posts
That gives me an idea. I am planning on building a 2nd HTPC for the HT. I'm sure (fairly sure, anyway) that the motherboard will have an "always on" USB port...most modern motherboards do. I could easily use that to power the miniDSP. Winner!
That always-on will be a help with avoiding the miniDSP turn-off thump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts