AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I apologize to anyone who feels like I have beaten this to death, but wanted one last set of eyes from the DIY folks, just to make sure I am not missing anything.  I like the results that I get from the eq that miniDSP applies, and have been informed to just turn up the gain on the subs after putting it in line.  I just want to make sure I don't have anything set up incorrectly before permanently putting it in line.  After poking around, I saw that I had a couple of settings wrong, fixed them and rechecked, and believe it or not, it is better than it used to be:

I have heard from several stating they lost about 3 dB, but 8 just seems...unusual?  If the consensus is that it is totally normal I will just crank the gain and slap it in line.  It is currently set up for .9V, and I have not switched it to 2V since fixing some issues I had.  Previously, the 2v setting did not work very good at all, but not sure if it works any better now that I have it set up better(I had it in mono with output on 1 and 2 versus 1 and 3, as I did not have the wonky high and lo filters bypassed on channel 3.  This was causing no output on 3, so I used 1 and 2.  Which only worked because I had it set to mono.  All filters are currently bypassed, no eq, gain to zero, and no change made to MV, sub gains, or trim levels.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
The first thing I'd be worried about is the .9 setting. I would think the receiver you are running would be possible to clip the inputs on the mini fairly easily at that setting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts