AVS Forum banner

5261 - 5280 of 5290 Posts

·
Registered
12,879 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Awesome, thanks. I never knew these existed and had similar complaints that the light is too bright in my dark room (even behind a tinted cabinet glass foor). I ordered and they arrive tomorrow :D

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
My MiniDSP exibits massive RF interference when connected to my Denon AVR via RCA cable.
If I disconnect the RCA, then the RF interference goes away.
I've tried two different types of RCA cables and both had the issue.
I don't have this issue if I bypass the MiniDSP and plug the RCA from my AVR directly into my amps.
I tried a different PSU for the MiniDSP and still had the issue.
Anyone else have this problem?

It's caused me to go down to a single RCA instead of two.
That helped a little.
I then ensured the RCA isn't running lengthwise with power cables, which probably helped.
In the end, I had to put the MiniDSP in a really weird position to get the RF interference to be low enough not to interfere with my URC remote's RF.

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,414 Posts
My MiniDSP exibits massive RF interference when connected too my Denon AVR via RCA cable.
I don't have this issue if I bypass the MiniDSP and plug the RCA from my AVR directly into my amps.

That helped a little.
I then ensured the RCA isn't running lengthwise with power cables, which probably helped.
In the end, I had to put the MiniDSP in a really weird position to get the RF interference to be low enough not to interfere with my URC remote's RF.
What model MiniDSP and what are you using it for?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Have you tried using USB for power instead. I'm running mine off my avr front port which is denon. You can set always on power to it I believe.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just purchased a Denon 4300. Arriving in 7-10 days. Currently running Denon 720. I have 4 subs and they are running off one output on the 720. I'm thinking the mini should be fed off of 1 sub out with 4300 as well. Is this still the best way. Should I seperate the front and rear subs on the 4300.
Any help would be welcome.

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,414 Posts
I just purchased a Denon 4300. Arriving in 7-10 days. Currently running Denon 720. I have 4 subs and they are running off one output on the 720. I'm thinking the mini should be fed off of 1 sub out with 4300 as well. Is this still the best way. Should I seperate the front and rear subs on the 4300.
Any help would be welcome.
MiniDSP 2x4 Set-Up Guide Latest Version.pdf

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
What's the latest on the mobile app for these? Can you adjust all of the same settings as connected with a PC? I'm considering the 2x4HD if it matters.

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,414 Posts
What's the latest on the mobile app for these? Can you adjust all of the same settings as connected with a PC? I'm considering the 2x4HD if it matters.
I am unaware of a mobile app that controls MiniDSP products. The 2x4HD has no network connection, so how could a mobile app talk to it?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I am unaware of a mobile app that controls MiniDSP products. The 2x4HD has no network connection, so how could a mobile app talk to it?
@JOHN Dean
you can totally control a miniDSP HD remotely from a computer or laptop if you connect a miniDSP Wi-DG to it

the miniDSP mobile app only allows you to change inputs, volume,mute and change config slots

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
@JOHN Dean
you can totally control a miniDSP HD remotely from a computer or laptop if you connect a miniDSP Wi-DG to it

the miniDSP mobile app only allows you to change inputs, volume,mute and change config slots
So you can't control xover or peq from the app? Thats what I want. I have a venu360 and was hoping the 2x4hd would accomplish the same.

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,414 Posts
@JOHN Dean

Thank you for clarifying.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My MiniDSP exibits massive RF interference when connected to my Denon AVR via RCA cable.

That helped a little.
I have this issue. Interfered a lot with my URC RF receiver and hub but I finally figured A way around it. I haven’t noticed anything in the sound but i Have wondered if it has an affect.

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,414 Posts
I have this issue. Interfered a lot with my URC RF receiver and hub but I finally figured A way around it. I haven’t noticed anything in the sound but i Have wondered if it has an affect.
So are you going to share with us how you were able to work around the issue?

Reactions: CZ Eddie

·
Registered
384 Posts
So are you going to share with us how you were able to work around the issue?
Well first I removed the antenna from the rf receiver and moved it as close to me as I could without it being visible. That made it useable but it went from rock solid to just ok as far as response from the remote. I tried other things along the way after that with minimal success. Now I have a couple of ferrite chokes around the antenna. One at the top, and one just below. That seems have done the trick. However, it still bothers me knowing there is RF interference in the room. I’m not sure If it could, or does have an affect on the audio, but not sure if I can do anything about it. I did buy a furman power conditioner just in case though.

also, since I’m posting. I’m in the middle of my first subwoofer build. I’m going to use a crown amp to drive it. I’ve read that Ideally a balanced 2x4 is the way to go, but I already have a 2x4 hd so was hoping not to have to buy another minidsp. I also have an art clean box pro sitting in the closet, and I’m not sure if that with the 2x4 HD would suffice?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Added a sub and rearranged some things in my room. In one corner I’ve now got two identical Subs stacked. When I go to gain match everything, should I treat them as one sub or do them individually?

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,414 Posts
Don't know. If it were me, I would first verify that stacking subs produces an improved response using REW measurements. In my experience, stacking subs is not a good idea. I have two co-located subs, but I place them side-by-side. And I gain match them individually. Actually, I don't know how you would treat two subs as one when gain matching. They have individual gain controls.

5261 - 5280 of 5290 Posts