AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, do u have any suggestion in how I could record videos using my old canon hv10 directly to an hard disk or another other media (different from the minidv tapes) that could hold at least 250gb ....I hate the minidv tapes....

I found this Dv recorder that could be connected through a firewire to the canon hv10 and record directly on the hard disk

http://www.dvwarehouse.com/DV-Record...r-p-34488.html

Will it work ?

Do have any other solution on the same price range or cheaper as long is portale...I mean using some battery pack to take the firewire DV recorder with me around ?

Thank you

·
Registered
929 Posts
Thought of copying to a laptop? Any copy from minidv is going to be "real time", then what do you plan to do with it once onto a hdd?

A second alternative would be to invest in a Panasonic TM700 for $750 and record to 8 32GB memory cards at $56 each, $448, and no portable power supply problem.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already own a panny hs30 and a sony xr550.

I just would like to convert in some way my old hv10 into a hard disk type camcorder. So I need some via firewire to hard disk device that connected to the old hv10, when I hit record, it records on hard disk and not in the minidv tapes.

I think I had no luck t explain what I wanted

thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts