AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on getting a Sony 3CCD camcorder someday and was wondering:


Can I take the firewire out and transfer tapes onto DVHS using the JVC30K?

(this copy protection stuff is really confusing me)


If so, can I watch the material via the componant outputs?

(most camcorders only have s-video outs; it would be nice to watch "1st generation" though component outs)


What would I be seeing? Would it be a 480i image? 480p? upconverted to 1080i?


Will it allow me to send data out via firewire?

(my own stuff that is, I'm sure you can't with a copywritten movie)


Has anyone tried any of this?


Thanks!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by skoolpsyk
I am planning on getting a Sony 3CCD camcorder someday and was wondering:


Can I take the firewire out and transfer tapes onto DVHS using the JVC30K?

(this copy protection stuff is really confusing me)



Yes, although you will loose some quality due to DV to MPEG2 conversion.


Quote:
If so, can I watch the material via the componant outputs?

(most camcorders only have s-video outs; it would be nice to watch "1st generation" though component outs)
Yes, although you will see 2nd generation image due to the above. (The quality might still be greater than s-video though.)


Quote:
What would I be seeing? Would it be a 480i image? 480p? upconverted to 1080i?
480i


Quote:
Will it allow me to send data out via firewire?

(my own stuff that is, I'm sure you can't with a copywritten movie)
Yes, but you will be sending MPEG2, not DV over firewire, so you cannot send the data to DV devices including your camcorder.


Quote:
Has anyone tried any of this?


Thanks!!
Yes.


Leszek
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top