AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a happy camper with my SP 7200 since february 2003, and possibly would change it with a new DLP.

What puzzles me now is that - while I am not sensitive at all to rainbows - I am quite disturbed with temporal dithering (the known side effect which affects pannings, especially visible on people's faces).

Now I understand that there could be three different DLP tech-options: 1-chip 720p (Darkchip3, 8-segments), 3-chip 720p, 1-chip 1080p (coming).

Without any reference to pricing and just on a technological point of view, which of the three technologies reduces dithering most, based on present achievements ?

Thank you

Paolo

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I've seen temporal dithering on very single chip DLP projector I've seen, I was disappointed to see that the artefact is still very prominent on DC3 based projectors. I don't recall seeing the artefact on 3 chip DLP projectors, I'm hoping to demo 3 C3X soon and it will be the first thing I'll be looking for.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
my dithering is the least offensive..but..no one seems to want to know how I do it. Correction, no one wants to show me a few dollars to find out how I do it. :D

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I'll add $5 to the penny jar...

·
Registered
395 Posts
i have a 7205.. what i notice is that on live hd sports, say football, if its a pass with a quick pan, it seems out of focus for a mili-second. very disturbing...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.