AVS Forum banner

4601 - 4620 of 4620 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
I wonder what EW Scripps will do when Defy and Doozy start around July 1st. What gets added on 41.6 when HSN is done? They will probably add a 41.7 and 41.8 to cover the new networks coming. And Court TV probably finds a home on 41.6 when HSN’s contract is done. That would be my best guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
KMBD-LD, 43.1 (RF 20) has dropped Bounce TV and is now carrying QVC.
K33LN-LD, 33.1 (RF 33) has dropped Bounce TV and is now carrying QVC. 33.2 is now carrying HSN.
For what it’s worth, Bounce appears to be back on 33.1 and 43.1 when I surfed by them tonight. And Court TV Mystery is back on 33.2.

On an unrelated note, just read elsewhere that TEGNA’s new lifestyle/reality subchannel, Twist, launched nationally today, but not locally. Perhaps TEGNA-owned KARE has maxed its subchannel space with 4 already?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
On an unrelated note, just read elsewhere that TEGNA’s new lifestyle/reality subchannel, Twist, launched nationally today, but not locally. Perhaps TEGNA-owned KARE has maxed its subchannel space with 4 already?
Not all Tegna markets got it. 41 out of 51/52 markets got it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if they move Court TV to 41.6 and they put Twist on 11.2 (even though if you ask me, 11.2 should be Cozi TV but there's a 0.001% chance of that happening)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think someone stated on this site previously that Court TV’s contract with 11.2 runs until March 2022. So we might not see a change on 11.2 till then. I’d love Cozi on 11.2 as I think most in the MSP DMA would.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The musical chairs of diginets will be in full force this summer. Tegna will probably add TWIST at some point in time during the summer or fall. Then, EW Scripps is coming out with Defy and True Real (name changed from Doozy) around July 1st, and Newsy to be added some place around Oct 1st. So where, when, and at what point in time these diginets will be added, with some moving and Scripps, Tegna and HC2 to be adding and subtracting channels as these networks find their new homes.

·
Registered
157 Posts
KWJM-LD, 15.1, 15.2 and 15.3 currently appear to be a "simulcast" of KJNK-LD ,25-5
Been that way for about 3-4 days already. With HC2 that can mean about anything. New affiliates coming, color bars coming, or back to what they were before, or staying with what they have now. We just have to wait and see. 49.3 has been off about 7-10 days while the other 49 channels are there. And with their glitches and everything else they let go on, you never know what to expect.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Been that way for about 3-4 days already. With HC2 that can mean about anything. New affiliates coming, color bars coming, or back to what they were before, or staying with what they have now. We just have to wait and see. 49.3 has been off about 7-10 days while the other 49 channels are there. And with their glitches and everything else they let go on, you never know what to expect.
Maybe HC2 Broadcasting should rebrand themselves as WYSIWYG TV. ;)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Maybe HC2 Broadcasting should rebrand themselves as WYSIWYG TV. ;)
But then they would have to pay Charles Simonyi, Xerox, and Microsoft royalty fees for using that as a name. Yikes!! Mr. Simonyi is really the one responsible for that acronym phrase, but the other two would lay claim to its ownership. I do agree with you about HC2 - if you get four channels of color bars, you might as well be watching the paint dry on your freshly painted house. IF a channel shows color bars all day long and does the same thing the next day, is it reruns? 🤣

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone know is 2.1, 2.4, 2.5, and 2.6 are not coming in or have way lower than usual broadcast transmission levels? I am able to tune 2.2 and 2.3 just fine, but the levels are signal strength @ 35%, signal quality 55%, and symbol quality 100%. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Anyone know is 2.1, 2.4, 2.5, and 2.6 are not coming in or have way lower than usual broadcast transmission levels? I am able to tune 2.2 and 2.3 just fine, but the levels are signal strength @ 35%, signal quality 55%, and symbol quality 100%. Thanks!
They might be working on the transmitters. They are replacing them and there may be outages between now and May 15th

4601 - 4620 of 4620 Posts