AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the Twin Cities interested in a shootout? I've got the NEC LT150 from Dell and would like to see how it stacks up to other projectors. I'm particularly intrigued by the Infocus LP530.

I can bring a JVC progressive scan DVD player to the shootout and will buy a Da-Lite Highpower if no one else has one handy. Unfortunately, I do not have a Radeon-based HTPC or a HDTV receiver.

Please respond to this post or e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested. Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
To the best of my knowledge the LP530 has not shipped from anyone yet. It is almost brand new, oreders being taken, but no units available to ship yet. First shipments are expected in the second week of August. Dell's price with the 20% discount was just too good to be true, so I bought one knowing I would have to wait until mid August to get it.

The difficult part of this decision was that we have no real feedback on how well it works in the HT environment, but it sure looked good on paper with the 20% discount.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Lurker,

I am looking a buying an lt150. I would like to see it in action so if you arrange a shootout drop my line

·
Registered
353 Posts
If you have any interest in comparing the LT150 to CRT we can hold a shoot-out at my place. It's about time for another meeting anyway.

While we're at it, we could compare your progressive scan DVD player to my HTPC.

Our 8" CRT is an Electrohome Marquee 8000.

------------------

Steven Benson

Minnesota Home Theater User Group (MNHTUG)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mnhtug/messages

[This message has been edited by bensons (edited 08-03-2001).]

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great! It looks like about five people are interested so far. Steve, I'll give you a call early next week. Everyone else: I'll post an update here and e-mail everyone individually.

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Lurker,

I sent you a PM,

I'm interested in the purchase of one of these LT150's.

I have one lined up to purchase.

Are you interested in trying my Pioneer SH-D505 High Definition Television Tuner with your unit?

The tuner has an upconverter in it.

It's a selectable output from 480i,480p,720p,1080i.

We could both check out what the few local standard

DTV stations look like upconverted.

My wife would love to see this before I spend.

If this works for you, e-mail me and I'll follow up with

the phone number.

I'm in **** Rapids.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello again, everyone!

I just thought I'd mention that I ordered a 92" wide 4x3 Da-Lite Hi-power pull-down screen for the shootout ($262 incl. shipping!). It ships tomorrow or Wednesday. I should have it in time for next Tuesday's shootout!

·
Registered
29 Posts
My schedule is open for next Tuesday night. If I get directions I'll bring the G11. I can't bring the HTPC but I could grab a laptop from work (one with a dvd).

Any interest, or is this a DLP/LCD night?

What movies are you previewing?

------------------

Rick

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Count me in too. Lurker- if time permits, want to use this opportunity to see if the gamma tables in the LT150 can be modified? We can tell in a few minutes.

Maybe Joe or I can bring one of our modified LT100s over too for comparison.

I can bring my Skyworth player, too, if anyone wants to see it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have no idea what gamma tables are, but you are welcome to take a look at the LT150's. Please bring your Skyworth! I've got two weeks to return my JVC player it if it turns out to be completely inferior. I can't tell!

This should be a terrific shootout!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Just a reminder, the meeting/shootout is tomorrow night. If anyone wishes to stop by tonight with equipment we can setup prior to tomorrows meeting.

RickK - We would love to see your DILA. I sent you PM. Please give me a call asap. We would like to setup projectors on monday night prior to the general meeting/shootout on tuesday.

Mark Fontana - Please bring your Skyworth player. If you can bring the player out on monday, please do so. Call me if you get a chance.

Steven Benson

------------------

Steven Benson

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mnhtug/messages

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.