AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ken Whitcomb of Calibrations, Inc. will be in the Twin Cities area from tomorrow through the weekend. I am looking for some one who whats the best in calibration for a front projector to share the cost with me for Ken's visit to my home in Plymouth.

Here is what I said about Ken on the CRT Projector forum: Several months ago I described on this forum some of my experiences in installing and having calibrated a Sony G90 projector. When it was first mounted, and adjusted by a local "expert", I saw an improvement over my previous projector, but was disappointed that it wasn't producing the fantastic image I had hoped for.

Thus, I began a search of the U.S. looking for the national expert on calibrating a G90. My search lead me to Ken Whitcomb of Calibrations, Inc. As I explained in my earlier post, Ken spent at least 20 hours "fine tuning" the G90. When he was done, the results were truly amazing. Not only was the image "tack sharp". but the color and contrast was beyond anything I had hoped for. (B/T/W, this is not an add for Ken -- I have no financial relationship with Ken. I am simply attempting to find someone to share the cost of his visit.)

After the installation and calibration, my only complaint about the G90 was how loud the fan noise was. So, I had a hush box built for it. The hush box works great; I really have to listen hard to hear a small whisper from the projector fan. Unfortunately, during the addition of the hush box, the projector must has been hit, and now, the convergence is off.

The reason for this posting is to let everyone in the upper-midwest know that Ken will be in the greater Minneapolis area on Thursday and Friday of this week and next weekend. If your front projector could use an outstanding calibration, like mine will get on Thursday, please let me know and I will pass it on to Ken; perhaps we can share the expenses.

Thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
why dont you use Pat Bradly of Video Calibration and Consulting. He is in Eagan, one of the Best.

651-894-3161

Dan Sederstrom

Advanced Home Environments

612-685-0355

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.