AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on a number of very positive reviews, I am considering the purchase of an Onkyo HT-S7200.

While investigating prices, I see two slightly different model numbers:

HT-S7200

HT-S7200 (B)

Where there is a difference in price, it is generally the "(B") model which is cheaper.

The tiny difference is setting off all my "caution antennae." Is there a meaningful difference between the two model numbers?

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicist /forum/post/18138518

Based on a number of very positive reviews, I am considering the purchase of an Onkyo HT-S7200.

While investigating prices, I see two slightly different model numbers:

HT-S7200

HT-S7200 (B)

Where there is a difference in price, it is generally the "(B") model which is cheaper.

The tiny difference is setting off all my "caution antennae." Is there a meaningful difference between the two model numbers?

With Onkyo products, typical a "B" at the end of the model number signifies that it's black, and if there's an "S" at the end, it's silver. Functionally, it's the same. The price difference is due to popularity of one color vs. another, as well as supply on hand that a seller has.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.