AVS Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,827 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn /forum/post/18641081


I watched this BD for the third time on Friday night. It is a fantastic looking title. No doubt it has unnatural color, lots of grain, and often has intentional clipping of the whites but wow just a great video and audio presentation. This is a catalog title I feel should get a look from anyone liking the film.


Art

I watched it a couple nights ago, and I could not agree with you more Art! They simply did a superb job with this title!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
Yarp. This show looks and sounds great. When John Anderton is walking through the "mall" and is being bombarded with ads the sound directionality is fantastic. I love the color palette and hell even the blinding whites. It totally suits the film. Definitely a keeper!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 /forum/post/18655400


ye, but because they are so alike I still can't decide for the EU or the US one :p

I would just go with the one that is native to your region as they both look the same.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
642 Posts
now after gladiator, has anyone seen similar problems here, that for example one version has slight amount of blocking? anyone ever seen any kind of compression problems of the EU disc due to low bitrate (maybe in scenes with lots of movement), or is the EU version basically as good as the dutch gladiator disc? (apart from that thin white line at the black bars)


so basically is the US disc of minority as "bad" and the EU disc as good as with gladiator?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,491 Posts
Minority Report looks amazing, that's all that really needs to be said. What matters isn't images that have been blown up 300x (which I really wish wasn't an exaggeration), but how it looks at home, and in motion. This has received very high praise all around, and deserves every bit of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 /forum/post/19048065


now after gladiator, has anyone seen similar problems here, that for example one version has slight amount of blocking? anyone ever seen any kind of compression problems of the EU disc due to low bitrate (maybe in scenes with lots of movement), or is the EU version basically as good as the dutch gladiator disc? (apart from that thin white line at the black bars)


so basically is the US disc of minority as "bad" and the EU disc as good as with gladiator?

there is nothing wrong with the US disc.

ugh, pixel peepers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzupeman /forum/post/19050348


Minority Report looks amazing, that's all that really needs to be said. What matters isn't images that have been blown up 300x (which I really wish wasn't an exaggeration), but how it looks at home, and in motion. This has received very high praise all around, and deserves every bit of it.

As has been said before, you WOULD notice those bands on the edges with a large enough screen, particularly a projection. It is a slight and silly mistake on an otherwise perfect transfer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgans316 /forum/post/18516533


The US BD caps looks a hair sharper, similar to Braveheart (Paramount Vs. FOX).

I think, the US-Disc is a little bit artificial sharpened.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Then why the problem with the cinescopebars? The mildly sharper looking hair at Cruises backhead on the US-Disc is another hint to this.


But I have to admit, the artificial sharpening in the "Simpsons - The movie" and "Kung Fu Panda"-screenies is way more obvious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
I think someone has mentioned before that this issue is the result of a 4K downscaling method. I too see no sharpening of the sort.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D /forum/post/19091036


Then why the problem with the cinescopebars? The mildly sharper looking hair at Cruises backhead on the US-Disc is another hint to this.

I'm looking at the image, not the bars. And I don't see any such difference.
 
101 - 118 of 118 Posts
Top