AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else seeing bad pixelation on this broadcast (2:30 pm PST)?

I know it is a grainy film. What I am seeing is bad artifacts and pixels.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Seeing it here via D*, looks like ****.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yep...it is about as bad an upconvert as I've *ever* seen. I watched about 3 minutes before changing channels. When they arrest the first pre-crimer (the husband who finds his wife in bed w/someone) and they come through the windows, the light looked TERRIBLE. I've never seen anything that pixelated.

Brian

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by alczervik2
yes this is the worst hd movie ive seen. I hope this isnt a result of the 2 new cbs channels taking up bandwith.
It's not, the OP (and I), were watching it on E*. It simply sucks. Why bother upconverting it to HD if you're going to do it like this.

Here's the link to the contact form for HBO if you happened to see this worthless piece of horse dung and feel like constructively voicing your opinion.

Brian

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
I watched this a couple of times, a few minutes here and a few minutes there and I never saw any breakups.

·
Registered
18,847 Posts
Didn't see it today, but caught it during it's last run on Comcast. It looked fine.

You have to remember that this has tons of film grain. Spielberg likes it like that. Also, it's Super35 so the picture is opened up.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveFi
Didn't see it today, but caught it during it's last run on Comcast. It looked fine.
Yes it's been "fine" in the past ... this particular showing is definately FUBARED.

HDC

·
Registered
80 Posts
yes i saw it.. it looked horrible.. i saw about 3 mintues... started watching JUST as the commercial for pre crime comes on..

very 'boxy' if you will no other channels had this problem

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Didn't look terrible, but not great either as I jsut caught the ending.

I'm glad to see it apparently doesn't have anything to do with the the two new CBS channels.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
It had to have just been a screw-up by HBO. I watched it in the past and it was fine.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
They had a technical glitch. The PQ changed mid-way through.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I can't wait to see what it looks like on HDTV (my comcast will be installed Tuesday), because I like the movie, but the DVD picture is awful (though you guys say it was filmed with grain). Anyways, I hope I like it better on HDTV.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.