AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to buy this set for a customer after my distributor convinced me to buy it. I did not know much about this company and normally do my research to ensure that my customer is getting the most bang for the buck. After installing it and hooking the outside antenna to the rf input; I noticed that the analog picture had a bunch of horizontal lines floating through the picture. Thank goodness the tv also had an atsc tuner which was able to pick up all digital local channels in the area except 1. The weird problem with the analog channels is that the unit shows you a clear picture when changing channels, but reverts to crap about a second or two after it finally tunes the channel. This is a problem because one main channel that is modulated to a uhf channel is carrying the direct tv signal and the dtv receiver is located in another room. If the problem is not resolved; I will have to move the direct tv receiver or run an additional line to convert the signal to a composite because of a poor tv tuner. I cannot send the set back because of my distributor's policy which is even more frustrating and the reviews I am reading now are mostly poor of this company. Any opinions?

· Registered
818 Posts
Mintek parent company is SHINCO is a well-known Chinese manufacturer of electronic appliances, which include VCD, DVD players. They manufacture about one third of the world's portable DVD players. They created the 7inch- 10.2in protable dvd players, costing very cheap compared to other high quality products. Also they make widescreen TVS, dvd players and VCRS.

Shinco

Mintek

Apex

I had 4 Mintek DVD 1600 since 2003, out of the 4 two don't work. Kids broke 1, I've fixed the tray myself twice until you just can't fix it no more. Another one started acting up where it would just pop out the DVD tray and never let you put in a DVD as it closes as quick as it open. The other two are just fine. What you got isn't that bad, but you'll have to play it until you get it right, otherwise your stuck with it or have to try to get someone to look at it..

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate your reply on this thread. I will most likely have to engage my sencore field strength meter just to see what signal is coming in to make sure. However, I am sure it is a poor analog tuner. Time is money and I do not have time to deal with these type issues. The only reason why the customer went with this set anyway was because of the price and the built in dvd player. My suggestion was a Sony, Samsung or a Sharp Aquos. I will call Mintek on Monday regarding this problem and if I can not get a resolution; I will not buy anymore of these sets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.