AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what everyone thinks of Mirage? I went to my wife's family's house and he has a 7.1 Mirage setup like this, but with an extra set of surrounds like the smaller ones for 7.1 setup. The speakers look impressive. I have just never heard of this brand before. I did not get to hear it since lots of older folks in the house.
I'm curious if my all polk 7.1 could hold its own against this setup. (monitor 60's fronts, Monitor 50's surrounds and two PSW505 subs).

http://www.miragespeakers.com/products/price-up-1000/?sku=OMD-15-5-1

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I used this exact same setup for a few years (5.1 rather than 7.1). I was generally happy with the OMD-15s and the OMD-5s, but I absolutely hated the C1 center. Dialogue in movies was very difficult to hear, and I tried many different placements. Had I gone with the C2, perhaps I would have stuck with Mirage. I ended up switching to Klipsch, and I've been very happy with the results.

Also, Mirage has been in a weird zombie state for years, where they do limited production runs of the OMD speakers (first for Vanns, then Crutchfield, now Woot).

·
Registered
19,541 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
I actually went from a Polk to a Mirage setup. Major improvement in terms of feeling immersed in the movie or music. I had trouble with the C1 center for a while as well, but it works well now after playing with the placement and using Audyssey room correctly. You can also try playing with the trim levels in your AVR to boost center channel.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I still have my Mirage M7si's from 1992. Bought them straight our of college and there were expensive (for me) back then. I remember auditioning them next to Magnapans and I think Martin Logans. They all sounded great. My Mirage has an incredible warm, smooth and omnipresent sound stage. The biPolar design (when properly positioned) just immerses you in the middle of the sound. IMO, they are a quality speaker company but you have to like the sound of what you are buying

1 - 8 of 8 Posts