AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the mirage speakrs + yamaha receiver that new egg gave free, I have to say for movies, the speakers are good, , I dont have a big room , 11x15, I can get the spekers loud but they dont have the balls and detail. I own dymaudio monitors for my recording studio, and there is no comparison. the dyn are great, even thou they are made for recording.

anyway- now that I'm spoiled, would getting bigger speakers give me what I am looking for, it maybe going backwards a bit in quality or not

say I send back the mirage set and get Polk monitor floor speakers,

any ideas? the Mirage are great for its size but my ears want more

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I doubt you will get any return credit for "free" speakers bundled with the Yamaha receiver as a sales tool. The MX speaker bundle are awfully small speakers, better suited for a small den or bedroom. An 11x15 room would be a challenge for them.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyX /forum/post/19599537

whats the main diff with those models, 50/ 60/ 70 and which would be the better one

Bass extension thats the only difference.

Of you have a subwoofer I would go with the Monitor 60's...If you got no subwoofer than I would go with the Monitor 70's... For 2 channel music listening I like the Monitor 70's.

Some external amplification with the Monitor 70's would really help them do well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.