AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting the Mirage nanosat Prestige, but I'm not sure how they will sound in my living room since I have vaulted ceilings.

Living/Dining room: 24long x12wide x19 high.

Only 12x12x19 would be used for the Home theater.

Should the main front and surround speakers be mounted upside down(over 6 ft high) or right side up(under 6ft high)? (hence I dont want to lose any sound because of my high ceilings)

How is the nano cc speakers? I was thinking about switching that with the bigger OS3 cc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you are planning on using this system for music I would not use nanos up front. They are cool for a non-invasive home-theater system, and much better than Bose (IMHO) but lack the mids for music.

Tom

·
Registered
511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiunit98 /forum/post/18231672

I'm thinking about getting the Mirage nanosat Prestige, but I'm not sure how they will sound in my living room since I have vaulted ceilings.

Living/Dining room: 24long x12wide x19 high.

Only 12x12x19 would be used for the Home theater.

Should the main front and surround speakers be mounted upside down(over 6 ft high) or right side up(under 6ft high)? (hence I dont want to lose any sound because of my high ceilings)

How is the nano cc speakers? I was thinking about switching that with the bigger OS3 cc.

I have the Prestige and think they sound very nice. My ceilings are a lot lower, though (only 8 foot). I would recommend a bigger speaker for fronts. I am going for the OMD-15's myself. But definitely add a powered sub if you only use the Nanosat Prestige for better bass response.

They are currently not on sale as far as I can tell. I got mine for 1/2 off a few months ago. Either wait for the next sale or go with the standard Nanosats. Maybe someone else can tell you what sound differences you might hear between the 2, but they seem to be similar specs. The Prestige has a center channel (which I will be changing on mine) and the standard has 5 satellite speakers.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madurodave /forum/post/18231936

I have the Prestige and think they sound very nice. My ceilings are a lot lower, though (only 8 foot). I would recommend a bigger speaker for fronts. I am going for the OMD-15's myself. But definitely add a powered sub if you only use the Nanosat Prestige for better bass response.

They are currently not on sale as far as I can tell. I got mine for 1/2 off a few months ago. Either wait for the next sale or go with the standard Nanosats. Maybe someone else can tell you what sound differences you might hear between the 2, but they seem to be similar specs. The Prestige has a center channel (which I will be changing on mine) and the standard has 5 satellite speakers.

No sound differences whatsoever between the Nanosat and Prestige. The physical differences are the center and nicer finish on the Prestige.

·
Registered
511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism /forum/post/18232110

No sound differences whatsoever between the Nanosat and Prestige. The physical differences are the center and nicer finish on the Prestige.

That's what I figured. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by madurodave /forum/post/18231936

I'm getting them for half off which is why I am consider those. I'll be running the prestige with the Def Tech Supercube II.

I know the Prestige CC only goes down to 100Hz, would I have to set the crossover for the sub at 100Hz or could I do the standard 80Hz(for best sound)?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
If they're being mounted over 6 ft, I believe Mirage recommends you have them upside down. I believe the logo can be reversed to match.

Having played with the Nanosats, I found 110 or 120 best for a crossover setting.

·
Registered
511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiunit98 /forum/post/18233217

I'm getting them for half off which is why I am consider those. I'll be running the prestige with the Def Tech Supercube II.

I know the Prestige CC only goes down to 100Hz, would I have to set the crossover for the sub at 100Hz or could I do the standard 80Hz(for best sound)?

Can you let me know where the 1/2 off sale is? I still need a couple of more for a complete set of surround speakers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts