AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a pair of Mirage OM-9s for $647 only (pair not single). Should I go for it, or should I consider towers from the Omni series instead!? The offer I got is really a limited offer, so I have to make a decision very soon.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Well, having owned a pair of OM-9's for a year now, and having demoed the Omni 260's against them at the local Tweeter (in less than ideal conditions, I'll admit), I think the 260's blew the OM-9's out of the water. Now, I still have to pick up a pair and bring them home to audition them with better setup, but I expect the results to be the same. There just seems to be more detail on the 260's than the 9's and the bass is MUCH better on the 260's. I didn't really need to upgrade my speakers, but...

·
Registered
644 Posts
Go listen to the both.

Okay that is what I am suposed to say but here is how "I" feel. I just listened to both of these speakers the past 2 weekends.

The Omni-Stat's to me are a great speaker for little money and there are plenty off others out there that are better though. I really didn't like these. They had a "cool" and "different" sound to them but NO SOUNDSTAGE. Just a wall of sound. No pinpoint soundstage at all. You can't pick out anything in there.

The Om-9's are great speakers if you like a very lush warm and laidback layered sound. I really liked them but still not my style. If you could EVER get the OM-9's for the same price as the 260's then go for it.

I know this is different then what some are saying but it all depends on YOU. For home theater I would say the Omni are pretty cool (I think the center channel sucked, so did my wife).

These guys are treating the Omni's like the next rockets so you will get a lot of thumbs up on them but listen for yourself. I really wanted to go with these but my ears were telling me HELL NO. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.