AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the Mirage Omnican or any other mirage be a good fit for Dolby atmos including towers for the front?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Per my understanding, no--you want uni-directional speakers with Atmos and Mirage speakers (at least their current lines) are all "omnidirectional"

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
Would the Mirage Omnican or any other mirage be a good fit for Dolby atmos including towers for the front?
Yes, if you can find them the Omnicans are perfect for Atmos in-ceiling speakers. I have OMD-28, OMD-15, and v2 fs floostanding towers and I'm hoping to install 4 Omnican 6s soon for a 7.2.4 setup (Marantz AV7702mkII).

The Mirage bookshelf speakers also work well using high ceiling or wall mounting. They mount upside down when over 6' high.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, if you can find them the Omnicans are perfect for Atmos in-ceiling speakers. I have OMD-28, OMD-15, and v2 fs floostanding towers and I'm hoping to install 4 Omnican 6s soon for a 7.2.4 setup (Marantz AV7702mkII).

The Mirage bookshelf speakers also work well using high ceiling or wall mounting. They mount upside down when over 6' high.
Reviving this thread because I'm in this exact situation. If I am unable to procure four Omnican 6's, what is the next best option?

My room is 20'W x 22'D x 9'H.
Fronts - OMD28
Center - OMD-C2
Surround - OMD-5
Sub - 2x S12s
Denon X4700H

1) Omnisat Micros, upside down
- I could probably press the bevel up against the drywall, making it appear built-in. With the oval shape, if these have enough output this is probably my preferred option.
2) Omnisat full size, same configuration.
3) Omnisat v2, upside down
4) OMD-5s, upside down
5) 3D print an in-ceiling can, and steal components from an Omni 50 or something to make my own "Omnican."
6) Other?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts