AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer just received their shipment of the new omnisat line. I auditioned the omnisat V2 in stereo with a Lf150sub. Source was a pioneer cd (non elite) and a vsx 56txi. Was very impressed with the dynamics, openness, and soundstage of this speaker. I haven't heard the original omnisat for awhile, so I couldn't compare. The dealer did have a pair of omni 50's set aside for me. I was planning on using these for my fronts in a 7.1 system with the new Omnisat center and 4 Omnisat V2 as surrounds. I've changed my mind and will go with all Omnisat V2 instead. I found the new omnisat to have a much smoother yet still airy top end. In comparison the omni 50's seemed to be slightly abrasive and had excagerrated sibilance in female voices. I wouldn't have noticed it except in comparison to the new omnisat. I also didn't notice a mid bass hole with the omnisat when compared to the 50's. This was what I was most concerned about.

So the dealer made me a nice deal for 6 omnisat V2's, 1 omnisat V2 center, a Pioneer VSX 74txvi (due in late september early october here) and a Pioneer DV59AVI. Can hardly wait to get it all up and running.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
thanks for this update, I will have to visit my dealer someday to pick up a pair for my rear channels.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are definitely an improvement over the omni 50's, but subtle. I didn't get a chance to audition the new towers, but the dealer really loves them. I don't have room up front for towers either. If I did he had a screaming deal on some demo OM7's. Too bad really.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Not a direct comparison, since I'd only been able to compare the original omnisat with the omnisat nanos (same shape as new omnisat v2)... They sounded almost the same to my ears. I think the shapes might be the only difference between the old and version 2.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've heard there were some significant improvents in the design. I discussed this at length with my dealer just after the Mirage rep was there. They made numerous changes including: New cabinet; New tweeter module; Redesigned crossover; And a few others I can't remember. The dealer stated they were trying to improve the midbass performance and enhance the treble. When I compared the Omnisats to the Omni 50's I found the new Omnisats to have a smoother sounding treble. If you look up old threads, most here found the Omni 50's to sound very similar to the Omnisats, but with a better bottom end. From what I heard I tend to believe my dealer. I think they made some significant improvements in the new Omnisats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.