AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have 4 of them in a 5.1 setup, with a Mission center channel. Using an SVS 20-39PC+ sub.

I think they sound very good, but my main motivation was something small enough to hang on the walls up front and sit on a narrow shelf in back. Almost every other small speaker is rear ported. They would probably sound even better on stands a couple feet from the wall, but my theater is also the playroom for the kids.

They even sound good when I'm sitting in a recliner that isn't in the normal 5.1 soundfield, its about 4 feet outside. The omnipolar dispersion is a real feature and not just a gimmick.

On the downside, they are a little pricy. For a little less money, you can get the box based omnipolars that outperform the omnisats. They are just larger, a little less flexible in placement, and lack the cool appearance of the omnisat. They also need a capable sub, and "small" speaker settings on your processor. I've never tried one in the center, so don't know how it performs there.

Also, Mirage has two sizes of the omnisats. I own the larger type.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm got an older FSR12 Velodyne sub. I'm thinking this should suffice and get 4 of these. now the search for a decent center channel that fits above or below the plasma.

Thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.