AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a pair of Mirage S-12 subs for about two years now. So far I have been happy with them and largely have no complaints. However, I find myself lately feeling like there are better choices for me. I tend to play a lot of movies and when combined with my Onkyo 905 the sub is bottoming a bit more often.

Perhaps its the settings? perhaps I am just expecting too much out of this sub but with a dual pair.... Its in a 20 x 12 room both facing towards the listen area.

Any ideas

·
Registered
16,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook /forum/post/14281561

I have had a pair of Mirage S-12 subs for about two years now. So far I have been happy with them and largely have no complaints. However, I find myself lately feeling like there are better choices for me. I tend to play a lot of movies and when combined with my Onkyo 905 the sub is bottoming a bit more often.

Perhaps its the settings? perhaps I am just expecting too much out of this sub but with a dual pair.... Its in a 20 x 12 room both facing towards the listen area.

Any ideas

Have you calibrated them properly?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I believe I have. I ran the Audessy (Onkyo 905) and all seems well. I have the crossover set at 80hz but again in heavy bass scenes they seem to be bottoming out.

Perhaps I am just ready for the next level

Of course if anyone wants to help me walk through all the settings that would be awesome

·
Registered
16,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook /forum/post/14281715

well I believe I have. I ran the Audessy (Onkyo 905) and all seems well. I have the crossover set at 80hz but again in heavy bass scenes they seem to be bottoming out.

Perhaps I am just ready for the next level

Of course if anyone wants to help me walk through all the settings that would be awesome

They shouldn't be bottoming out if calibrated properly unless your room is too large for the 2 of them. Are you sure they're not blown? And yes, you may be ready for the next level (aren't we all?).

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
might be party the room because the corner opens out to our dining room. Unfortunately its not the absolute best room set up. Picture to follow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts