Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all.

I have noticed lately that my Showstopper does not report the free space correctly. This didn't use to be the behavior until lately, although unfortunately I don't know when it started to do that (last software upgrade? It's a possibility...)

What I have noticed is that recurrent shows set as no guaranteed do not count towards the space considered as full.

Let's say for example my ReplayTV reports 7 hours free at medium record level. A non-guaranteed 1/2 hour recording kicks in. I would expect it to report 6 1/2 hours free after the recording is finished, but it doesn't, it still says 7 hours. If I delete the recorded show, it still reports 7 hours. On the other hand, if I record a single show (not recurrent), or if I preserve a show already recorded, the free space correctly decreases by the show's length.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

I'm baffled :confused:

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
This is indeed the correct behavior. Since the recording is NOT guaranteed it will be deleted if the space is needed and the space it uses is therefore available.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The free space reported in the Replay Guide is not really the unused space, it is the unreserved space (reserved = guaranteed). This has caused quite a bit of confusion, so your are not alone. If you create a new 3 hours guaranteed channel, even if there is nothing in it, the free space reported will decrease by 3 hours.

If you would like to know how much actual free (ie unused) space you have, press pause while watching live TV. The time which you will see counting down will be the unused space in the drive (in high quality).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.