I'm in the process of compiling a comparison between DirecTivo & UltimateTV. It's mostly gonna be based on my own playing around with them and bits and pieces from the forums, but I've got a few questions I can't answer. Can anyone help with these?
- Charges for secondary UltimateTVs: I've searched the forum and UltimateTVs site and "Nothing beyond the mirroring charge" seems to be the most popular answer but there are enough reports of other figures to make me wonder. Does anyone have a confirmed cost? And does anyone know what the charges are for internet access on a secondary UTV?
- UltimateTVs live buffer: I get a max of between 1:00 and 1:22 of buffer, regardless of what I had in "My Shows". I see reports that it can be longer and guesses that disk fragmentation has something to do with it. Has anyone found out for sure?
- Changes to UltimateTVs existing guide data: I'll guess UltimateTV gets them as soon as their available, just as Tivo does?
- UltimateTVs record to VCR: Is this UltimateTVs only automated use of the VCR? What, if any advantage this has over Tivos playback, especially since UTV can't even record a second show to disk while it's doing it? Is it just there to emulate the similar feature of regular DTV receivers?
- UltimateTVs searching. Strange things seem to happen with searches of 4 characters or less.
- "business": finds titles with "business" in them. Ok...
- "busin": finds nothing. Ok...
- "busi": doesn't find "business", but finds titles with "Bus". ???
- "bus": same results as "busi"
- "min": finds "minority", "ministry", other titles containing words that start with "min", but doesn't find "60 minutes" and titles with "minus" in them.
- "mine": Finds the same things as "min" including the ones that didn't start with "mine".
- "minu": Finds nothing, not even "60 Minutes" or titles with "minus" in them.
It looks like buggy behavior to me but I'm open to explanations for why it's not if anyone has one.[/list=a]
Any help would be appreciated.
[This message has been edited by DrStrange (edited 09-24-2001).]