AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excuse me if this has been discussed in detail in another post. If it exists, I have not been able to find much about it.

Currently I have my HTPC with a Radeon 5450 hooked up to my Emotiva UMC-1 to do bitstreaming. I use the latest catalyst drivers and firmware for my surround processor. Whenever I play test tones in Windows, play a game with sound, change mp3, etc. I lose the first 2 seconds or so of the audio clip. This consistently happens and I have not been able to fix this.

How can I fix this issue without affecting the bitstreaming of HD audio codecs?

Suggestions or possible search terms to use are definitely welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Haven't the latest ATI drivers resolved that?

Another possibility is your receiver. Some receivers, especially older ones, take a little time to make the 'link' and start processing the stream. My older JVC would take 1-2 seconds and I would also miss the left channel and part of the center channel test as you mentioned. Once I got a Denon 990, I hear the left channel test almost instantly.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I searched "Silent stream" and the threads unanimously announce the bug has been fixed with earlier releases of the Catalyst drivers. I know I have the latest ones and installed them after completely uninstalling the previous versions.

My surround processor is quite new (only got out of beta phase less than 2 months ago). However, I can't completely rule out that is the cause.

I am finding having a HTPC work all the time is damn near impossible. Anyone else got a suggestion?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts