AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody picked up this disc yet? I went to BR highdefdigest.com and they had no review on it. I dont want to blind buy, but I usually enjoy these types of comedies.

If so what are your opinions on this?

thanks guys

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
It's coming tomorrow via netflix. If I watch it tomorrow, I will post some impressions

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I watched it tonight. PQ and AQ are fine technically. It looks like it was shot on video so expect that sort of look, but I don't think it was poor. Not much use of surrounds, but there is some deep bass during some music in scenes. 7.5/10 on PQ, 7/10 on AQ.

The real issue I have with, is the movie. You could tell it was pretty low budget, and seemed like a long sketch rather than a movie. I was never really drawn into the plot and I didn't like the characters at all. They were anoying and whiney to me. I guess I should have known better by its box office reception, but I am an opimist when it comes to movies. I was hoping for something like Sex Drive, which I enjoyed, and this was not. I can't really recommend this on good faith and I would put anything else before it. I am a bit disappointed in my recent selections of movies (this and Push).

I didn't realize that it was done by the people behind The Whitest Kids You Know. I have never seen the show, only a few clips on Youtube so I am not really a fan. If you like their humor, than maybe give it a shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts