AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NBC will broadcast the Miss Universe Contest live in HD, for the third year, Sunday August 23, 2009, at 9:00 EDT. Among the musical performers will be Kelly Rowland of Destiny's Child.

You can see the contestant's here.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Thanks for the reminder.

Will most likely record this so I can zip to the SWIMSUIT competition.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,683 Posts
Live from Paradise Island in the Bahamas, 84 scantly clad attractive young women, in HDTV.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
This thread is worthless without pictures...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm sorry, perhaps it was Comcrap Chicago, but that had to be the worst hd broadcast I've seen in a awhile. Watched 5 mins, if that, when they selected the final 10. Way pixelized when the cameraa zoomed in. Was if just me?

·
Registered
4,632 Posts

·
Registered
17,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by egroman /forum/post/17054325

I'm sorry, perhaps it was Comcrap Chicago, but that had to be the worst hd broadcast I've seen in a awhile. Watched 5 mins, if that, when they selected the final 10. Way pixelized when the cameraa zoomed in. Was if just me?

Nope - it looked absolutely terrible OTA, too. I had to turn it off after just a few minutes, because I just couldn't stand it anymore. I just left it on long enough to see the contestants.

With two subchannels and all those flashing lights, it was virtually unwatchable.

·
Registered
17,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK /forum/post/17052418

This thread is worthless without pictures...

If you didn't see it, you really didn't miss much.

Lots of dogs this year, IMO. At least facially.

Not just the women, but the show in general just isn't geared towards types like myself anymore.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski /forum/post/17055850

This show really doesn't cater to types like me anymore.

The top ladies weren't dogs. Some weren't super hot, but I wouldn't call them dogs.

They didn't filter the SD on the contestants too much. I saw lots of pimples underneath the make-up this year.

·
Registered
17,223 Posts
I didn't see the finals, so I suppose the worst ones could've gotten weeded out by then - but I still didn't care all that much for the whole crop in general.

Some of the countries which traditionally put some gorgeous women out there put out some really below-average-looking ones this year, I thought.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski /forum/post/17055850

Not just the women, but the show in general just isn't geared towards types like myself anymore.

Just LMAO at that comment.

·
Registered
561 Posts
The picture quality on Telemundo HD here in San Francisco was great!! Better than the local NBC HD channel! Telemundo also showed a one hour special in HD featuring all the hispanic contestants!

·
Banned
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonoughDawg /forum/post/17055993

Just LMAO at that comment.

Nah I know what he means. I think dog is the wrong word but this is Miss Universe. Some of those faces were nice but not hot IMO...

As far as Miss USA goes, I know the Donald loves blondes and it is a painted picture that a USA gal is to be blonde and blue eyes but I say it's time for a brunette and dark eyes to represent the ole USA...

As one of those typical blonde hair blue eyed males, I am attracted to the other side of features...

It seems every contest is the same old L.A looking blonde. I think there are many beautiful USA woman with darker features and I would like to see a change...

And to be honest, those latin woman are gorgeous. I think a USA version of the same would blow them away...

Just a thought from a guy who loves the darker features... I think the L.A. blonde is played out as well as the Texas same old big blonde hair look...

Let's find the real U.S. babes for the next Universe contest. Not that there are some beach babe blondes out there but a latin beach babe rules..

-C

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
After watching the playback of this recording, I was appalled at the terrible PQ of this broadcast on both OTA and satellite.

I am also disappointed in the way American Network Television censors the camera shots, when it comes to the swimsuit competition.

They only allow facial closeups and glimpses of body shots from a distance. What a ripoff!

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Nah I know what he means. I think dog is the wrong word but this is Miss Universe. Some of those faces were nice but not hot IMO...

As far as Miss USA goes, I know the Donald loves blondes and it is a painted picture that a USA gal is to be blonde and blue eyes but I say it's time for a brunette and dark eyes to represent the ole USA...

As one of those typical blonde hair blue eyed males, I am attracted to the other side of features...

It seems every contest is the same old L.A looking blonde. I think there are many beautiful USA woman with darker features and I would like to see a change...

And to be honest, those latin woman are gorgeous. I think a USA version of the same would blow them away...

Just a thought from a guy who loves the darker features... I think the L.A. blonde is played out as well as the Texas same old big blonde hair look...

Let's find the real U.S. babes for the next Universe contest. Not that there are some beach babe blondes out there but a latin beach babe rules..

-C[/QUOTE

Apparently you haven't been watching the Miss USA contest through the last decade. If anything, the blond-hair blue-eye beauties have been left out of the parade. Here are a few of the recent ethnic winners:

...and not just the winners. Check out the top five from the 2008 Miss USA contest. Two of the five were beautiful Latinas....with accounts of Miss Mississippii being just "too-over-the-top" sexy to win. You can see the video of the top five in my upload at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7wfz...e=channel_page

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by allargon /forum/post/17055892

The top ladies weren't dogs. Some weren't super hot, but I wouldn't call them dogs.

They didn't filter the SD on the contestants too much. I saw lots of pimples underneath the make-up this year.

What does "They didn't filter the SD on the contestants too much" mean?

The women of the 2008 Miss Universe were clearly more attractive in my opinion than this years pageant. Check out the 2008 final five I uploaded, and see if you agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_4Qh85UCFc

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
igreg, there is a reason I never miss a UGA/Ole Miss game played in Oxford..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts