AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after spending a couple weeks reading everything in this forum, I had finally decided to get one of the refurb 805's from shopOnkyo. Part of the reason I selected Onkyo is that I have a 705 and am happy with it. I logged in yesterday evening and had my CC in hand. Got interrupted and when I returned the 805 refurb was no longer listed! big bummer

I was going to use the 805 for my basement HT system (5.1 but future 7.1) and purchase a refurb Onkyo M-282 amp to drive 3 outdoor rock speakers and a set of std outdoor stereo speakers (all Paradigm) through a constant impedence switcher. Whatever receiver I get, I think that i'm going to pickup an amp to shed the load from the outdoor speakers (I just burned up a sony receiver running the speakers hard for 5 hours).

No HD equipment in this system...yet. When I upgrade to HD, everything will be HDMI so the 805's lack of upconversion should not be a concern.

I got used to the idea of buying an 805 for

·
Registered
162 Posts
They are always in and out at shoponkyo. Check every few days.

You might want to call 6ave.com and tell them you are a AVSforum member and ask what the discounted price is.

New gets a 2 year warranty refurbs have a 1 year, but you can upgrade it to 3 for, I think, $70 at shoponkyo.

Personally I am leaning towards getting the Yamaha 1800 from 6ave, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Mark

·
Registered
162 Posts
CC is having a clearance on the 805 in store.

None around me in NH, but if you are set on the 805 check your area.

Mark

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was only set on the 805 at the great refurb price. I'll check to see what local CC are selling it for but i'm guessing its between 600 and 700. Going with one of last year's Onkyo models seems to make some sense because I already have a 705

The Yamaha 1800 looks to be around 850, have you found it for less? Why are you leaning towards this unit?

I'm also starting to consider the Yamaha 663 with a separate amp for my exterior zone. Does anyone know if the 663 has pre-amp outputs?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosinski /forum/post/14221676

I was only set on the 805 at the great refurb price. I'll check to see what local CC are selling it for but i'm guessing its between 600 and 700. Going with one of last year's Onkyo models seems to make some sense because I already have a 705

The Yamaha 1800 looks to be around 850, have you found it for less? Why are you leaning towards this unit?

I'm also starting to consider the Yamaha 663 with a separate amp for my exterior zone. Does anyone know if the 663 has pre-amp outputs?

Yes the Yammy 663 has pre-outs as does the Onkyo 7xx line and up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts