AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new LTN406W is supposed to be shipping imminently (yes, blahblah.com says it's available now; but I'd like to see someone receive it). $9000 MSRP, for a 40" model... Possible pricing in the mid-$5s from online (hard to buy the Mitsubishi and Sony 30" at brick and mortar given this).

The LTN468W (MSRP $10,999), which will again be the world's largest LCD (Samsung's 40" already is tied for that title and was the first of its kind to market), is due "early next year". Maybe $7K online? Maybe March?

Will present an intriguing choice >>between 42" and 50"

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Thanks Rogo, every little bit helps. Maybe the race is on and who knows who the winner will be.

Dave

·
Registered
164 Posts
Did you know they come with a Dolby Digital Decoder and have an amplifier for surround sound speakers.:confused: Seems stuff like that would drive the price up even higher.

I am wondering what these sets will look like with SD material. I'm sure they look great with HD stuff. My Samsung 172T LCD looks pristine with 720P media player clips. It will be interesting to see if DNIe lives up to its hype.

·
Registered
950 Posts
If you're looking at all the 40+" LCDs, don't forget about the 42" LG has said will go into production before the 52".

Robert

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right, Robert, I just wonder whether Samsung doesn't get to market first.

Jamie, I think the existing 40", the 405 is terrible with SD material. I am hoping the 406 is better... And especially the 468 (of course, since that has an ATSC tuner, anyone with an antenna can at least get super-clean digital SD in many markets).

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.