AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded my 3030 recently and all is well. However, I noticed now that I am missing some channels (i.e. DirecTV 740 NHL) from the guide and I cannot add it manually either because it doesn't show up. I did not change my settings at all. I have always used DirecTV national without any issues.

Anyone with DirecTV tell me if channel 740 is on their guide? If so, what could have gone wrong and how do I get it back? It is quite annoying because I record alot of NHL games. I did try a manual recording to that channel, but the RPTV changed to channel to 741 instead cuz it thinks 740 doesn't exist.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Can't help ya much, but there is no 740 on my Replays either. Both are hooked up to DirecTV.

·
Registered
23 Posts
740 is missing from mine too - I sent email to [email protected] about a month ago. I got a response asking me to fill in the "Tribune Template" form, which I did. I have not heard anything further, and it is still not corrected.

This is definitely a Tribune problem, and not DirecTV (SonicBlue gets the guide info from Tribune). I have learned the hard way to always record games from the Center Ice channels rather than the RSNs - just when I think I have figured out which RSN will not be blacked out for a game, they get creative and I end up with 3 hours of "station not available"...

Anyway, to record 740 do this: set the Replay to record some other channel such as one of the RSNs for that game, and have it start 2 minutes before game time. Then set the DirecTV timer to "record" 740 at the actual start time (you want the DirecTV box to change the channel after the Replay has started recording). The Replay will think everything is fine, and won't know that the channel got changed to 740. It will change to a new channel later for a new recording, and all will be fine. One downfall: on my DirecTV box (Sony A3), it turns itself OFF after the timer recording ends - if I forget to cancel the timer recording before it turns itself off, or to turn it back on if it has turned itself off, any later Replay recordings fail due to "signal not detected". Oh well, at worst, I miss a Seinfeld repeat, but at least I got my Sabres game!

Sue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.