AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently restored an HS2000 to working condition (it was not used for about 1.5 years - Thanks Mickeyboy!) also installed a 120Gig maxtor using Mikeyboy's image.

I subscribe to Satellite (DirecTV) but when I look at the ReplayTV channel guide I do not get the listing of channels from 0 to 99.

I can view the channels ok but when I try a manual record my HS2000 will not change to the channel I set in the manual record (I wanted to record channel 9 Enterprise). The HS2000 did not change the channel automatically, therefore it recorded whatever channel I had left on (it did start recording at the correct time). The IR is connected from the HS2000 to the satellite converter box.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Thank you for your help.

zen:confused:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you say you can "view the channels ok", but you "do not get the listing of channels". Do the channels appear in the channel guide? If not, you probably need to switch your input from "DirecTV, National" to "DirecTV, xxx", where xxx is whatever city you're getting the local stations for. Go into Setup / Change Input Settings to do this. If the channel is in the channel guide, can you tune to the channel by selecting a show in the channel guide? If not, there may be a problem with the number of digits the Replay unit is sending to your DirecTV receiver. You may have selected the wrong model of receiver; you can fix this in Setup also. If there is some other problem, please explain it.

--Mark

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Mark immediately after I posted this message I realized that I had not called Sonic Blue for help (which I did) and they told me to change the zip code. I decided to change DirecTV, national to Direct,ny which did the treak and forgot to check here for an answer.

All this rambling is just to say Thank you for taking the time to answer and sorry I did thank you sooner.

zenshikai:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.