AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I picked up a 5040 today, and there's no IR Blaster in the box. I called SB, and they're very kindly UPS'ing me one, in a week. I love the idea of the box sitting & collecting dust while I wait for UPS to gas up their trucks.

I may be able to just exchange it at the store where I bought it, but they may also be out of them now, so that may not be an option.

Does anyone know of retail stores/chains that may have at least a temporary replacement while I wait for the shipment from SB? Like a Radio Shack or something. I know they're not expensive, so I'll just go out & grab one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that thought occurred to me too. Here's hoping I get an e-mail with a UPS tracking number before the 15th. That's also part of my thought process on wanting to go out and buy one; I just didn't want to admit it.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
If you have Digital Cable...

Go to your cable company and they will give you one... Just tell them that the old one stopped working... they will happily give you another one (for your VCR, wink, wink, nudge, nudge). My company provided it for free, but your's might charge a nominal fee. It's worth a try, might be cheaper than the Shack.

SHHHHH... just don't let the cat outta the bag for what it's really for! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found a store that has one of the two types of IR emitters that are made, and I'm almost positive that this is the one that's right for my RTV.

They said that the distinguishing mark is that on the jack that goes into the RTV box there will be either one or two black stripes on it. Can someone pull their IR Blaster plug for a second and tell me how many stripes is on the jack? Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.