AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just opened the box and and wet to plugin the optical cable and I cannot seem to find it. The manual says it is on the back panel. Am I missing something? I bought the TV on ebay so I'm wondering if this is the reason it was sol. It was "new open box." I want to keep the TV because it looks great, but the lack of an audio out limit what I want to do.

Her are photos of the back. I wold really appreciate any help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBobb /forum/post/16950273

Ooops, according to the MANUAL , this model may not have optical out.

That is exactly what i didn't want to hear (thank you for the reply though). The auction listing and all the specifications stated it had toslink out.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I had to avoid the same set due to no outputs. Manual shows back panel as you have it there, see below. The 22" LG set with optical output is the 22LU55. (The Insignia NS-L22X-10A has got optical and RCA audio output jacks.)

[/IMG]

·
Registered
117 Posts
The specifications found on net says it has 1 optical output....very strange in ur case....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help everyone (especially the picture). The ebay store is taking back the TV and paying for return shipping. I was also told that LG will be taking back the TV due to the error. Weird.

Something good might come out of this, maybe I'll jump for the 26 inch model (after I ensure it has an audio out).

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK! just humour me for a minute here, as I have no idea what an optical out is, but I am about to buy an LCD.

What is an optical out, and why would you need one? Should I make sure I have one on the LCD that I choose?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yira Yira It does look like the 26LH20 will have the optical output.

Valve Bounce The optical output is called Toslink, uses red light to feed the sound from the TV through a fiber optic cable to an A/V receiver, which has the Digital in. Another type of Digital output is Coaxial. You may also want Analog audio outputs (often called Line Out) which feed the left and right stereo audio signals to a preamp or receiver.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have the 22lh20 i use it as a comp monitor, and mines slightly different it comes with 2 sets of composite jacks (in & out) 1 component and 1 hdmi but it doesnt have that optical out just the stereo out (black and red)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.