AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built a serial control cable for my Plus UP-1100 (based on info in the NEC LT100 manual) and am successfully using using Key2Serial to control most of the projector's functions from my Win98se HTPC.

Although the projector has 6 different memories for RGB input (Standard plus Custom-1 thru Custom-5,) there doesn't appear to be any documented way to select the desired RGB memory from the serial interface. For example, when switching from the RCA DTC-100's 540p/1080i to the PC's 768x1024 (via Altinex VGA switch,) i'd like the projector to switch from Standard to Custom-1.

The LT100 manual doesn't indicate any commands to do this. There's not even the serial equivalent of the remote's 'menu' button so one could automate the menu traversal to achieve the desired effect...

If there's no way to switch RGB memories via serial, I'll have to create some macros to re-program the Standard memory whenever I switch inputs. (Pict Adj, Fine Pict, H & V Pos, etc...) This would be a pain, but the LT100 serial control commands CAN do that (go figure...)

Does anyone out there know if the UP-1100 serial control codes to select a specific RGB memory exist at all (just undocumented?)

Or perhaps my confusion is due to differences between the LT100 and UP-1100 manual and/or projector?

Or perhaps the projector is supposed to autodetect and switch by itself, but mine is somehow mis-configured (or worse, broken?) Or maybe the Altinex somehow causes the projector to not be able to auto-detect?

any comments/ideas/pointers would be appreciated, especially if you have the UP-1100 owners manual and it shows more or different serial control codes than the LT100's.

(and yes, i did search before i posting this... :)

Thanx!

references:

NEC LT100 manual (PDF format) http://support.nectech.com/Vsd/dlp/lt100/lt100.pdf

Key2Serial (very nifty!) http://www.audua.com/Keybrd/Main.htm

Altinex switch (works great! use good cables to avoid ghosting) http://www.altinex.com/Solutions/Switchers/da1916sx.htm

·
Registered
375 Posts
Packlet,

We're listening, you just haven't got the right members to ante-up yet.

I've have controlled multiple UP-1100s with an AMX/Panja "Synergy" system. I'm sorry I don't recall at the moment codes for user custom settings 1 - 5 access.

BTW, when I was "playing around" with the codesets I "accidently" set the UP1100 user ops menu to the LT100 user ops menu. It was interesting because the UP1100 then operated just like a LT100 (no quiet white setting, icons to the left of user accessible menu items, etc...) Strange but true. These units are closer to Siamese twins than most folks think.

Thumper

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx for the response, thumper.

so you're pretty sure there ARE such codes?

that's re-assuring at least. just gotta find 'em...

needless to say, i'm reluctant to try random hex codes.

wouldn't want to end up with an lt100 or worse... :p

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I think 666 is the self-destruct code.

Sorry, I am getting a little bored.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I would not recommend sending random hex codes to either of these units. You could erase parts of the flash memory and end up pretty screwed. As soon as I can find a moment, I'll write up a document detailing the commands not documented in the manual. I haven't figured out how to select the custom 1-5 memories via serial yet. It may still be possible to do this, but don't count on it.

What did Plus tech support have to say on this?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx mark. any info on undocumenetd codes would be appreciated.

i'm embarassed to admit i haven't checked with Plus support,

but who knows, they may actually be able to help (stay tuned... :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spoke to Plus tech support on the phone. the tech i spoke with

was friendly and seemed to understand my issue. unfortunately,

he had no info about any serial codes other than those listed

in the LT100 manual. apparently, there is simply no way to select

specific RGB memories from the serial interface. seems like an

oversight, to me...

i guess i'll have to program big ugly error-prone IR sequences

to traverse the UP-1100 menu for RGB memory selection. Yuk.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I have a up-1100 and would like to control it from a serial port. I've seen your post and was wondering if you would share your Key2Serial configuration file for your LT100.

Thanks for your help,

Judd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.