AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a weird issue. I was navigating through next weeks Replay Guide and noticed that info for Wed 10/31 is missing, everything else is there and the other days are fine.

I have a Pana 2000 and live in the New Orleans area.

Is it possible that Zap2It didn't have the info or did my modem download burp?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm guessing a burp, but some of my guide hasn't updated to what it should yet either.....I record Anime from KidsWB on weekday afternoons and it says that Cardcaptors are on @ 3pm.....when I just saw a commercial on this morning saying that something else will now be taking it's place. so everything doesn't seem exact on my unit to begin with.

(SS in Pgh, PA)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a message the next day saying that the unit was unable to access the network. I will force an update and see what happens. The same night this started we had a power outage. I hope nothing got trashed.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
If you suspect the channel guide file is corrupt (happened to me once) you can delete the guide and then force a net connect. 243 zones to do both.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I've been hosed twice by deleting the channel guide completely and trying to connect again.

Hosed = their network was down so I was stuck with NO data until the network went back up.

I'd use the "Clear Channel Guide" option as a LAST RESORT.

Wait until Tuesday's call...it's quite possible your RTV will update Wed. at that time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem fixed with "clearing channel guide" and then forced 2 "net connections". The system seems to have a time limit and only downloads a portion of the total amount of data.

BTW, the exact time frame was Tues 6pm through Wed 6pm. The programmed recordings for that time period were not affected, only the visual absence of the guide data.

I'm concerned that if this is a corrupted area of the drive will it happen again? Does ReplayTV software fix corrupted areas automatically?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Isn't it obvious? It's Halloween and you got tricked instead of treated!

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SirFelix

I'm concerned that if this is a corrupted area of the drive will it happen again? Does ReplayTV software fix corrupted areas automatically?
Some isolated glitches occur. I wouldn't be concerned about it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine is missing wednesday (10/31) as well, I dial into Cambridge MA for ATT Broadband cable info. It dialed up fine last time and only wednesday is missing. I noticed it on sunday and thought it was weird. I hope it will fix itself, i wm not up to taking any drastic action.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.