AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth double dipping to get the MI BD set? I have the SD version of this. Here in Vancouver it goes for 79CAD. I saw the MI3 demo at the store, and it looked great, but the blacks were a little too over the top.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm also thinking about picking this up.

The reviews of I and II seems like a mixed bag, which makes me unsure...

You've all had HD for a while now, so honestly - is these versions (I and II) a real improvement over the SD versions, or should I just pick up MI:3 and stick with the SD's for the others?

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I went with the HD DVD versions because they have Dolby Digital Plus audio (running @ 1.5Mbps) while the Blu-ray versions have the standard Dolby D audio (running @ 640Kbps).

The video quality being equal (which based on reviews, it is) then I always get the better sounding track.

·
Registered
6,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by degas /forum/post/0

I'm also thinking about picking this up.

The reviews of I and II seems like a mixed bag, which makes me unsure...

You've all had HD for a while now, so honestly - is these versions (I and II) a real improvement over the SD versions, or should I just pick up MI:3 and stick with the SD's for the others?

They are minor improvements.... think Lethal Weapon quality. But please do yourself a favor and at least get 3. It is highly underrated!

·
Registered
29,564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus1099 /forum/post/0

They are minor improvements.... think Lethal Weapon quality.

MI-1 looks great. The movie has a soft photographic style which people are mistaking for a transfer problem, but the picture has plenty of nice detail and is a big improvement over DVD. MI-2 is recycled from the old DVD master and has a lot of edge enhancement and filtering, but both of these movies look much better than the Lethal Weapon series.

·
Registered
6,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z /forum/post/0

MI-1 looks great. The movie has a soft photographic style which people are mistaking for a transfer problem, but the picture has plenty of nice detail and is a big improvement over DVD. MI-2 is recycled from the old DVD master and has a lot of edge enhancement and filtering, but both of these movies look much better than the Lethal Weapon series.

I didnt mean to sound like they were bad...... I think I was just so blown away by the PQ of the third one, that it ruined the other two for me.

·
Registered
383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z /forum/post/0

Unfortunatly I read this too late.

I ordered just MI:3...but i guess the other ones will probably be released separatly at some point.

No worries though, since i have 1 and 2 on SD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.