AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Dish Network 811 receiver. My daugher was playing with the remote and now the only mode I can get on my Mitsubishi 55" Diamond series HDTV is stretch. I've selected 1080i Standard from the format button on the HDTV remote, but each time I change channels I keep getting taken back to stretch mode. I think there is something in the 811 receiver remote that she touched.....any ideas out there?

Gregg

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I know nothing of that receiver, but there should be a menu selection that will allow you to change how the receiver converts the signal. Possibly reset to some set of defaults. Same for the Mits TV.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Sounds like a question for the HDTV hardware forum.

But try hitting the * key on the 811's remote to change the aspect ratio from stretched to normal. It toggles between the available ARs, so you may have to press it a few times.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CycloneGT
Sounds like a question for the HDTV hardware forum.

But try hitting the * key on the 811's remote to change the aspect ratio from stretched to normal. It toggles between the available ARs, so you may have to press it a few times.
Agreed. Cyclone is correct on the fix as well.

Brian

·
Registered
155 Posts
I concur. You will see a gray area at the bottom left of the Dish channel identification that will say either Normal, Gray Bar, Stretch, Zoom or Zoom 2.

Toggle the * button (to the left of 0) until you get to Normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.