AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I may have to keep this one. I must say I am VERY impressed after opening it up and looking at the engineering. They went what appears to be more than a bit beyond the engineering of competitors.

Is this truly an LC pj? It sure appears to be...

It's like they re-invented the wheel almost...Atleast in it's size range. Many things quite different from the norm like what you would only see on a top 9" lc machine.

If no one has a manual is there a pc control program just so I can set it up or a list of commands and pinouts for the connectors?

Damn, I will have to buy another pronto, but in the meantime I am dying to see what she can do.

So far IMPRESSIVE!

potential new big easy fan

Troy

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
try hammer head

they sold a few 181 projectors

last year

they may even have a remote

to sell you

XANATOS

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah nevermind... Changed my mind

It is in fact LC and all but after trying to dig deeper inside to get a look I see it's build like a... well... Mitsubishi. :)

What I mean is I had a 92 Eclipse GSX AWD Turbo once with all the options and it was great, I loved it, and a fantastic design engineering wise. The problem is though if you are the guy who wants to tinker on the engine, forget it, crammed like a sardine and too hard to take apart.

I hope I didn't offend the marquee a couple feet away, because she's not getting replaced with the mits.

Troy

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Troy: You can get the manuals off Scott at www.freebrd.com I'm SURE he has them since I supplied them to him.

How much for the mits ?

Oh, yeah, the remote is at www.remotecentral.com if you sell it to me cheap, don't even worry about buying a new Pronto, I've got one and I'll email you screen shots.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Troy....

Ah, you give up to easily! They ARE built really well, but like you say, a little more difficult IF you have to get at the insides.

I have 2 of them at the moment. One has been completely taken apart in order to paint the bottom case piece. Not that bad once you figure it out.

They WILL throw a great picture though. I have one with 3000 hours on it doing the " 10' wide garage rig duty"

Sunday ESPN HD football and Monday Night HD games are incredible!

Drew

·
Registered
752 Posts
Drew:

Do you have a copy of the manual and\\or RS232 remote control codes for these?

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not that I give up too easily. It's more a matter of realizing "what the hell am I thinking?" It was an impulse buy that I didn't need. I am happy with the marquee and I really don't like the pronto or want to invest in another pronto. (last one hit the floor and the screen broke) So it's not just the mitsubishi construction but also coming to my senses and realizing I'm invested in the marquee, I have a marquee mount coming from curt, got the acon and board just for fun, already in the process of re-finishing the marquee and tweaking it to perfection and I love it and I should just stay the course.

In the long run I want a 9" lc marquee anyway and so I am thinking I am really better off holding out for that as my final upgrade and not screwing around with more stuff I know I'd eventually upgrade anyway...

I have to stop this insanity.

Troy

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hey Troy,

There IS no stopping! You're way to deep in this thing! LOL

Drew

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Drew,

Well I'm hoping I'll run out of upgrade options at some point. So no matter how bad the sickness is there should be an end to upgrade options once I get the 9" lc em units. That is until digital completely surpasses the best crt and comes down in price and up in reliability... Like 20 years from now maybe... :)

Troy

·
Registered
596 Posts
Troy,

Well you should be good to go with a 9" Marquee! Awhile back, I dialed in a 9500LC with a Faroudja 5000. That was the best hometheater I've worked on! Picture quality was as good as it gets without spending ridiculous amounts of cash!!

Drew

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good, glad to hear it. And the plan is I can actually ceiling mount this marquee and then re-use that same mount for the 9".

Upgrading pj's practically monthly has required that I use a big industrial shelf and so the pj gets the best seat and I'm really tired of that. It will be soooo nice to have floor space for a couch again.

Troy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.