AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw some posts using Misty Evening to paint screens, though I liked the picture I thought it was a little dark so I used Cloud nine. The picture is very nice. Would Parkland Plastic add to the picture if I mounted a sheet of that and painted it? Does that Texture help?

My digital camera isnt so good but here are some shots

·
Registered
253 Posts
I haven't built my screen yet, but im going off what ive heard around the fourms...I dont know that your going to see a big difference going to parkland, but what I would suggest is calling them up and seeing if they can send you a sample out and test it before you buy a sheet. check around HD or lowes and see if they carry the stuff. its pretty cheap so it would be a good thing to try.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pestario
I saw some posts using Misty Evening to paint screens, though I liked the picture I thought it was a little dark so I used Cloud nine. The picture is very nice. Would Parkland Plastic add to the picture if I mounted a sheet of that and painted it? Does that Texture help?

My digital camera isnt so good but here are some shots
The parkland has a nice texture on one side but I don't think it would be any better than rolled flat paint on a wall. The advantage to the parkland is that it's a bright white so you you can use it as is, or paint it without having to prime first, and it's only $14 or so for a 4X8 sheet.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Unfortunately a 5x10 sheet goes for a lot more than $14 from parkland! If anyone finds a better deal on the large sheets, please PM me!

I'm thinking it would be an ideal base to be fogged with silver.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes the picture is Cloud Nine painted direclty onto drywall that was primed white, the picture is actually a bit brighter than the capture shows. As for parkleand my screen is like 7.1' by 4' so the standard size sheet would work fine if I decided to buy some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.