13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my Setup:

Mitubishi WD-57833

3DC-1000 3D Kit

PS3

Yamaha RX-V861

HDMI 3.x Cables

I seem to be having a problem with this setup. I hook my PS3 to the 3D box, box is connected directly to tv. No picture, no sound. Currently my resolution on the PS3 is set to 1080p. I have tried 720p and that doesn't work either.

I connect my PS3 to the Yamaha receiver, receiver output goes to 3D box, 3D box is connected directly to tv with provided HDMI cable. All cables are hooked in correctly. I have a picture with 1080p, not 720p. I always have sound coming out of the receiver. Now with this setup i can only view the main XMB PS3 screen. I put in the provided 3D showcase disc and nothing works. No video, only audio.

This 3D technology is very new to me. I have not had much experience with it.

Any ideas????

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try to change the 3D setting in your tv settings and see if that works. Im just waiting on my emitter kit to arrive for my mitsubishi tv then ill be set.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Did you set your PS3 video setting to output 3D? It will ask you your screen size and stuff. Run optical or coax to your receiver for sound.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill have to took at my PS3 settings and see what they are set to. I tried using an automatic HDMI setting on the PS3 and it told me that it detected a 3D tv, but it only happened once.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called Mitsubishi today. They told me that i need a firmware update for the WD-57-833 model. It will be here in 5-7 days. Well have to see what happens after i receive the firmware.

·
Registered
7 Posts
try custom setup.... it sensed a 3d tv for me then i had to chose a size etc.. if it does work through your receiver ( it does not in my sony avr) keep in mind you will only get dolbydig., dts audio. the ps3 sacrifices lossless audio for the 3d image due to 1.3hdmi limitations...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts