AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bosch 4410L, a 10" sliding miter saw. Its great, but I can't get the arbor lock to engage so that I can remove the dull, dull blade. I push the button, but the blade bolt doesn't seem to lock and it spins nonstop.

I PM'd a user here who is a Bosch Tech, but I am not sure how often he's on the boards.

Any one have any tips?

Really frustrating.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Can you put a clamp on the blade and hold it in place while you loosen the blade nut? This is what I do for my circular saw on a routine basis.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_pilgrim /forum/post/12871466

In the end, it turned out I needed to undo an assembly. But once undone, the blocks did help.

Back in business.

the blade bolt is normaly left hand thread,never do the bolt up to tight there is no need for excessive tightness. When I service miter saw's If I have A blade that is over tightend I carefully put A small screwdriver through one of the slit's on the side of the blade, as the blade turn's the screwdriver will sit up against the blade case and locks the blade so it can be loosend,there for it put's no strain on the blade locking mechanism/locking pin, by the sound of it your saw has had to much force applyed on the locking mechanism from an over tightend blade and needs to be repaired....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts