AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, Just saw advertised in the fishwrap two area stores (including Good Guys) advertising the mits 46807 for $1999. Thats a great buy for any 16:9 set! Seems like a anyone wanting to get into the H.D arena and with a set with the appropriate aspect ratio should have little reason not too now! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was hoping we would start to see prices like this. With the Panasonic PT-47W49 coming out soon with an MSRP at $1999 (probably a street price around $1700) the other manufacturers had to lower prices. If the Mits 46807 is going to start selling for $1999, I am sure it won't be long till we see the Toshiba 40H80 for $1500. We are finally getting to prices that are affordable for the average consumer looking for a new TV.

It is about time.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Most people still won't pay $1500 for a TV.... HD.. or not

The people that participate in this forum are not your average consumers...

I would think that prices need to come down more....

my .02

Shelly

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would have a hard time paying 1500.00 for a t.v. as well, but for those in the market for a big screen (wide screen more appropriatly) this is different. Big screens have always been spendier albiet for a few acceptions, now the gap between "H.D. wide screens" and the average "Big screen" price is closing. Couple on top of that the fact that decoder prices are falling fast. Two years ago if you went into a.. say G.G's and were even remotely considering a H.D set, then that hope would soon vanish as soon as they hit you with the $3000. price tag for a decoder! Forget about the consumer in the market for that advertised loss leader 27" t.v. for 199.00 at frys, heck they just bought their first stereo vcr last week!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.